July 4 Holiday Parent-Time

July is the month of fireworks in Utah.

Independence Day kicks things off, and then there’s a steady stream of fireworks until July 24, Pioneer Day.

So, what’s July 4 holiday parent-time if you’re divorced?

Well, it’s this:

July 4 beginning 6 p.m. the day before the holiday until 11 p.m. or no later than 6 p.m. on the day following the holiday, at the option of the parent exercising the holiday.

Utah Code, Section 30-3-35(2)(f)(iv).

This is one of the only Utah holidays that allows a parent to decide how long the holiday lasts. That’s probably because fireworks end so late it makes more sense to go home and go to sleep organize a parent-time exchange at midnight.

In any case, the parent exercising holiday time gets to choose. So, enjoy the fireworks.

Call Brown Family Law

If you find yourself facing a Utah divorce, please call 801.685.9999 for an in-person consultation, or use our online scheduling tool.

Published On: June 28th, 2019Categories: Child CustodyComments Off on July 4 Holiday Parent-Time
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
About the Author: Marco Brown
Marco C. Brown was named Utah’s Outstanding Family Law Lawyer of the Year in 2015. He graduated with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2007 and is currently the managing partner of Brown Family Law, LLC.
Contact Us – We Are Here to Help You

Schedule a time to talk with us – we are here to help you. When you meet with your attorney, we will go over your entire case, your children, your money and everything else that’s important to you. Our goal is to remove the fear associated with divorce by protecting your money and maximizing your time with your kids, all within 3-6 months. We look forward to meeting with you!

Call us 24/7 at 801-685-9999 to Speak with a Live Representative
Get A Legal Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney
Your privacy is 100% guaranteed, your information will never be sold or shared.

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific divorce issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.

The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.