Pioneer Day Parent-Time

In Utah, July is the month of fireworks.

It starts with Independence Day and lasts all the way until Pioneer Day on July 24.

And Pioneer Day is a big holiday in Utah, big enough to warrant a spot in the holiday parent-time schedule for divorced parents.

But exactly how is Pioneer Day handled?

Here’s what the Utah Code says:

July 24 beginning at 6 p.m. on the day before the holiday until 11 p.m. or no later than 6 p.m. on the day following the holiday, at the option of the parent exercising the holiday.

Utah Code, Section 30-3-35(2)(g)(iv).

Pioneer Day is sort of set up like Independence Day in the sense that the parent who gets Pioneer Day has the option of ending parent-time right after fireworks, or exercising parent-time until the next day.

Hint: almost everyone extends parent-time until the next day, which makes sense because exchanging kids at 11 p.m. is probably not the easiest thing in the world.

Published On: July 8th, 2019Categories: Child CustodyComments Off on Pioneer Day Parent-Time
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
About the Author: Marco Brown
Marco C. Brown was named Utah’s Outstanding Family Law Lawyer of the Year in 2015. He graduated with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2007 and is currently the managing partner of Brown Family Law, LLC.
Contact Us – We Are Here to Help You

Schedule a time to talk with us – we are here to help you. When you meet with your attorney, we will go over your entire case, your children, your money and everything else that’s important to you. Our goal is to remove the fear associated with divorce by protecting your money and maximizing your time with your kids, all within 3-6 months. We look forward to meeting with you!

Call us 24/7 at 801-685-9999 to Speak with a Live Representative
Get A Legal Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney
Your privacy is 100% guaranteed, your information will never be sold or shared.

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific divorce issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.

The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.