What Can I Change in my Divorce Decree?

So, you have a Utah divorce decree you negotiated (probably) or you got from trial (way less likely).

Now, you want to change some aspects of that decree.

Can you? If so, what can you change and what can’t you change?

The answer is pretty straightforward: you can change anything about your decree.

Yep, you can ask the Court to change any aspect — e.g., alimony, child support, custody, vacation time, etc.

Now, whether the Court approves your change is another matter. That depends on how compelling your reasoning and evidence is.

That said, you don’t need to worry about something being off limits. You can change anything in your decree.

Published On: April 20th, 2017Categories: ModificationComments Off on What Can I Change in my Divorce Decree?
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
About the Author: Marco Brown
Marco C. Brown was named Utah’s Outstanding Family Law Lawyer of the Year in 2015. He graduated with distinction from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2007 and is currently the managing partner of Brown Family Law, LLC.
Contact Us – We Are Here to Help You

Schedule a time to talk with us – we are here to help you. When you meet with your attorney, we will go over your entire case, your children, your money and everything else that’s important to you. Our goal is to remove the fear associated with divorce by protecting your money and maximizing your time with your kids, all within 3-6 months. We look forward to meeting with you!

Call us 24/7 at 801-685-9999 to Speak with a Live Representative
Get A Legal Consultation With An Experienced Utah Attorney
Your privacy is 100% guaranteed, your information will never be sold or shared.

While this website provides general information, it does not constitute divorce advice. The best way to get guidance on your specific divorce issue is to contact a lawyer. To schedule a divorce consultation with an attorney, please call or complete the intake form above.

The use of the Internet (or this form) for communication with the firm (or any individual member of the firm) does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.